fu·ri·ous (fyo̵or′ē əs)

adjective  Full of activity; energetic

Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Day in the Life

One of the books that I remember reading when I was younger was "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day."


Last week I had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I fully blame it on the fact that we ran out of coffee that morning.

Here's a part of the what my five were up to.

Full bowl of cheerios tipped onto the floor.
  Little boy on a big chair trying to drink the last cup of coffee.
    Tipped milk glass.
      Sunscreen on the Super Babies, on Lydia & on the carpet.
        Short naps.
          Poop in a swimmer diaper.
            Poop in another swimmer diaper.
              Poop, poop everywhere.
                Sunlight dish soap in the mouth.
                  First call ever to poison control centre.
                    Pee dribbles down the hallway.
                      Tired mama.

I love being at home with my five and at the end of the day this is a gentle reminder that tomorrow promises to be a new day.


2 comments:

Megan and Erik said...

I love that book and I love that pic of Lydia sleeping.

Anonymous said...

Looks so innocent!